Thursday, September 25, 2008

Snap! It`s cold.

We just got hit with a double dose of Fall! Comin` straight at you from a ridge of low pressure and sub-arctic air, slammin you so far back in your seat you can see the moment of your own birth. Don`t like it? Too bad, because this weather pattern is taking no prisoners and wants to make you its bitch!!! For the past 3 days, the winds have been howling and the skies have clouded over. It`s actually really nice Autumn weather, but for some reason, I am just not feeling it. I think it is because I am not seeing all the leaves change colour like in Canada. It just feels different. I managed to seal up a vent in my apartment which was directly leading to the siberian tundra outside,and for some reason, had no "closed" position.... Its your typical grill vent, about 15x15 inches. I just covered it with cardboard and packing foam and then shoved a literal butt-load of towels into it. It was making a terrible moan when the wind hit it(roughly 23.9 hours a day) and it gave my apartment that quaint haunted house feel. That had its downsides because the sound scared away little kids and I had to go without stewing meat the last few days :P .... hmmm. that sounded a little darker on paper than it did in my head... And I should probably have erased it instead of just adding these last lines of internal monologue. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home