Saturday, September 20, 2008

WTF???

I am beginning to think I am cursed by god(s). This really steams me because I don`t even believe in the existence of any. I do not think I have been this frustrated in my entire life. I don`t win lotteries, I never win draws, I don`t even think I have one a rock scissors paper game when something nice was on the line, and most recently I have no success dealing with almost $1000 worth of new computer equipment!!! I bought a new laptop because my old one broke. I bought a new printer so I could make nice things for my girlfriend. Will either of these things work??? NO F**KING WAY!!! I hate to quote Will Ferrell but I feel like I`m taking crazy pills. My printer works with everyone elses computer but mine. It won`t talk to it, so basically, I might as well have plugged the one USB cable into a melon. Now, I am trying to download an English version of Vista, in the most legitimate way posible(through Mocrosoft) and my computer refuses to speak to the servers.... I can`t do anything except LOOK at the downloads I want. If anyone has heard of this happening before, please help me, because I am about to throw several hundred dollars worth of new computer off the 5th floor. My main problem is this:
-I can not access any server for updates(itunes, internet security) they just tell me there is an error.
-I cannot get Outlook Express to access my mail accounts.
-And I can`t sign into the itunes store(not important but it is another example of how I`m blocked.
-Torrent files can be downloaded but once they open to start downloading in a torrent client (utorrent, bittorent), they fail. Completely red across the board.
Now I just need to find someone who knows how these are related and what is preventing me from having a normal life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Furious said...

Sounds like a firewall problem. I don't know too much about this, but it's likely a security feature on your computer that's stopping you from using the internet.

I'd try googling it, actually.

9:28 p.m.  
Blogger Dan said...

I love to quote Will Ferrell.

"By the Hammer of Thor!"

11:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So can you get anything on the internet, sounds like potentially a messed up cable or net card, however the printer not working doesn't make sense unless it is fetching the drivers online for the others. Check the properties on the network connect (network properties, tcp/ip, dns) make sure you aren't hacked and being forced through someone else's dns (again), it should say to obtain everything automatically. I remember you having all kinds of problems and I had to fix that for you (but I got that Pillows ticket out of it.... sweeet).

As far as torrent files, those may be just blocked, and I know there are issues with itunes in japan, it used to be impossible to access japanese itunes from in the states. As far as outlook express.... its outlook express... use thunderbird.

aside from that... have you tried threatening the laptop with fire?

3:04 a.m.  
Blogger Gorrozolla said...

Yeah, the printer is confusing. It came with a driver cd and everything installed without a hitch, but it just doesn`t want to work. I am having a knowledgable japanese boy inspect it today hopefully. I was not meant to own technology obviously.

1:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home