Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day Third

Today brings a shorter blog. I am once again at my desk only this time

I am surrounded by sweet, sweet melon bread!!! Apparently today was

Bread-Day, so the bread-man came by. He had a truly awe-inspiring

selection of breads ranging from your fancy pizza and wiener breads to

your more simple egg and melon breads. The Education Supervisor was

kind enough to treat me today, so now I have melon bread. It is a

round bun that has a texture similar to cake and has a crispy sugar

layer on top. I don't actually know if there is melon in it, but it

kind of looks like a half melon lying on its face.

Tonight I am going to try to find a microphone/webcam to communicate

with people from home. I have to be back at 7 o'clock because one of

the nice ladies from work is bringing me a home-cooked meal tonight. I

am pretty excited about it. Since I arrived I have only been to the

grocery store once and I only spent about $30 on food. Every other

meal has either been payed for by someone in a restaurant, or I have

gone to someone's house/been given food. I felt bad about letting

people pay at first, but then I realized I am all alone, jet-lagged,

and culture shocked and I stopped worrying so much. As long as you

give the proper respect (a hearty thank you, and a follow-up thank you

at work the next day) people seem more than happy to shell out meny for

food!

I have done three things today and they are as follows:

8:30am - 10:00am -- practiced some Japanese vocab and kanji using my

electronic dictionary. There is a function which gives you an English

word, it's Japanese equivalent, and an example sentence. Japanese

people use it to study for some big English exam, but it works equally

well for me. The only thing I need to do is look up the Kanji for the

pronounciation.

10:00am - 12:00pm -- read a book. Its a science fiction novel about

aliens and God.

12:00pm - Now -- ate lunch and did this blog.

Yep. Pretty full day I've had.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet deal man!

Really enjoyed your posts but havent seen the pics yet-on my cell right now.

Remind me to pick your brain about a sweet idea I have for a trip/adventure. Its all sporty n shit.

7:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home