Sunday, September 07, 2008

Weekend!!!

Hey!!! Its the weekend and I am treating it like a right, proper one this week! I didn`t have a single thing planned this weekend and it was a GREAT feeling! Yesterday I did walk to K`s electronic store though. Its probably a 45 minute walk which is fine empty-handed, but significantly more difficile when you are carrying a printer/scanner combo and 3, 2-litre bottles of drinks.... Not well thought out from the getgo but it was a really good workout walking home, and if there is a particular thing I am lacking in lately its good exercise.

So now I have a japanese laptop and a japanese printer and no idea how to get either to work optimally. I have no idea how this printer works. I followed the setup guidelines and it still refuses to even make a peep! Well, that`s a lie. I can get the ink cartridges to shoot back and forth, like some sort of random-firing finger guillotine, eager to permanently remove any chance of me ever becoming a concert pianist.... or any kind of pianist for that matter. Seriously though. The computer tells me there is no ink, even though the cartridge is new so when I open it up and try to open them up, the damn shuttlecock they are located in shoots randomly, and atdamn-near the speed light back and forth. I cannot do a test sheet either to see if my heads and nozzles are lined up. I did manage to print of something though. I know how to scan and save and how to scan and print(not really what I want it for at this point) and I can put my camera memory in and print that way. I did, but it didn`t print the one picture I chose. It printed all the pictures off on one sheet to which I have to fill in like a scantron sheet which pics I want. I then put that back in the printer and it will print the pictures I want I think. I didn`t want to waste any more paper or ink, so I am going to wait for a Japanese person to help me out.... I hate technology. I just want to print pictures of home for my apartment!!!

Anyway, I also made some guacamole last night and it was like I was living in freaking Taco Bell, not Japan. TOTAL TASTEBUD OVERLOAD. The only down side was the Japanese affront to nature that is the soda cracker. Imagine if you left an open package of normal soda crackers out in the fridge for a week, but you don`t have to wait a week here! OH NO. FRESH FROM THE PACK STALENESS!!! WOOT!!! still good though.

Today I am going to go buy eggs and milk, read my book, and prepare for my first day of elementary schools tomorrow! Should be fun, but I have to go to all 8 so its probably going to be frantic. At least I will FINALLY learn where I will be teaching. It only took a month ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home