Saturday, November 25, 2006

Kumamoto

I'm about to leave for Kumamoto. I am going with the judo club to a tournament. I have a sore neck, and I didn't get any sleep last night, so I have very high hopes that I am going to return in much greater pain and much grumpier. Calen and I went to a movie last night, here called Tomorrow World, in Canada called Children of Men. Its the one where the human race can no longer breed, starring Clive Owen. It was funny, because we forgot to check what the name of the movie was called in Japanese, so we got to the theatre and had to search for a movie poster to figure out the name. We went to the really late viewing at 12:15 am since we were both really bored and wanted to do something on a Friday night. Our original intent was to see another movie, but this one was playing at Hawkstown, so it won out. PLUS, it only cost us 1000 en to see it, since it was late and we are students, or maybe just because it was late. Anyway, I have to go pack a lunch. PEACE

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow World has that nice mix of senselessness and 50's nostalgia that probably have nothing to do with the movie.

- Michael (from McMaster)

9:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the different movie titles there. There are apparently some essays written on how they go about choosing the different names in different countries. I had a hard time accepting the movie Danny the Dog as being Unleashed here in Canada.. that was just weird to me!

2:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... are you in the tournament? Do you have you're own do-gi already? wow, we went to the first tournament with the judo club, but we didn't play. We got to go to Nagasaki though, so tell me how Kumamoto is! Did you eat the bashimi? it tastes like beef to me...and then you can tell people how you ate horse and freak them out.. that weirds a lot of people out for some reason...

2:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home