Monday, October 16, 2006

Sports Day and A New Pad

Hey, was Sports Day today! A bunch of us went to the Elementary school with Nogami san from the CIE office and got to participate in a bunch of fun races and stuff. I was reluctant to lose a whole Sunday to this but it ended up being a lot of fun. We got a breakfast box when we got there, and a bottle of tea, followed by two bags of candy and Japanese souvenirs(paper balloons) and half way through the day, we got melon bread!! Nogami brought his kids (all 4 of them. He is the most energetic Japanese guy I have met) which entertained me the whole day.

This is his daughter Waka. She is really cute and loves to get carried around almost as much as her brother. That's Hansen carrying her at the moment.
This was one of many cheerleading groups that performed a song and dance. I think it was entire schools on each team, since each group had about 100 kids. This group had cross-dressers and sang an annoying song which is always heard in Supermarkets.
I saw this shirt and I though "now there is a down to earth guy".
From left to right. Natsuki, Nogami's son, Waka, and Kari one of the Japanese students living in I-house with us this year. She's so nice!!!
Those are the bento we got. The had a lot of delicious stuff, some wierd stuff, and a bunch of horrible Japanese delicacies which I hate to death.
That's Miwa, my favourite Japanese girl. If I had the means or the money, I would make t-shirts with her face on them and wear them in the afternoons. Waka is performing shrimp surgery
This is one of Nogami's twin girls. This is Sae and she cried every time I looked or talked to her. This was the very first time she had ever seen foreign people, so we scared her. She cried like 100 times today. Her twin sister Miwa is a lot cooler and didn't cry at all.
That's just some of the free swag we got. Candy and party favours!!!
Seinan's top-notch cheerleading squad. Here is a link to a video of the cheerleading guy kicking a ton of ass. I think that Japanese cheeleading is tops and Seinan's team is definitly the best I've ever seen.
Oh, on a completely unrelated note, this is my weekly grocery pile. This pile cost me 5030 en, which is about $50 canadian. It usually lasts me the whole week, with a few new purchases to boost my supply.

Thats all for now. I think that video is really crappy, so I will try to make a higher resolution one and switch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home