Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Kyoto Trip and Hirakata YO!!! Part 2

Ok, so I know it sounds bad, but I spent a lot of Sunday sleeping. It really wasn't my fault though. I was really sick, and so tired. I think tomoko's parents understood and besides, I helped out as much as I could. Sunday was mostly cleaning their old house and watching the movers do their thing. Then we went to the new apartment and we unpacked everything. It was nice though. we finished unpacking most of the kitchen and living room, I got several hours of naps in, and to top it off, we went out for a steak dinner!!! It was honestly the best meal I have had in..... forever. It couldn't have been more perfect. Medium rare steak, sesame dipping sauce, and a great big bowl of rice. Once again though, the sickness and food got the better of me and I was out like a light when we got home. Their new appartment is really cool and modern. It was just built and is almost as big as their old house. Their kitchen is WAY bigger and the bathroom is really neat, with a large japanese bath. The wall even tells you how much water you are using. I considered this a challenge and only used 11 litres for my shower! I should probably put some photos in to spice up this blog eh? OK DESU!!! RANDOM PHOTO TIME!Ok, its me and I look so excited to be outside of the building with 1001 buddha statues. I went inside afterwards and was actually excited.

Anyway, on Monday, my last day in Osaka, we had to go back to the old house and put out the garbage and extra furniture so the waste removal people could take it away. It turns out that Japanese furniture is really light. I singlehandedly moved two armoires and some kind of computer desk. Then we went out for some Osaka ramen. I love ramen, because its cheap and comes in a huge punch bowl. After eating, Tomoko and I set out in search of the elusive "ambasa" drink, which we have only been able to find in vending machines. We went to a bunch of big stores, but ended up with nothing. We walked home in the rain, and then napped before making out way back to Kyoto station. The best thing about visiting Tomoko is how relaxing it is. Even with all the excitment of the move it seemed like a really restfull weekend, and my cold actually got a lot better near the end. Tomoko rode with me back to Kyoto station which takes about an hour from her house. We walked around, got some McFlurries, and took this really awkward looking picture..... We're good friends, I SWEAR!!!So I got on the shinkansen to continue my trip and was suprised at how easy it is to get around a Japanese train station. I remember it was a hell of a lot more difficult last year. It turned out that I got to ride one of the brand spanking new Shinkansen that goes like a bajillion miles an hour, or as the metric system would want you to believe, 300 km/h. It was new, but that didn't stop me from getting the seat that 1000 asses has sweat in. It honestly smelled like a pet shop in the middle of july, in the rainforest, next to a poop vendor. SOO bad. And a HUGE british guy sat next to me and pinned me to the window. Anyway. I got back, and guess what??? I broke out in horrible, horrible hives, courtesy of some Grapefruit water I drank. I would have taken a picture if it weren't for the searing pain and itchiness clouding my judgement and shrouding my thoughts. They got worse as the night went on, and by 4am, I had gotten 10 minutes of sleep and was going into scratching frenzies everytime my brain allowed my body to slip into the near nether-world of sleep. It happened in the half-sleep, half-awake, feverish state you get in before you actually lose consciousness. I would scratch for 10 or 20 minutes before I realized what I was doing and then would wake up and moan and whine. At around 5am, I took a cold shower which did nothing, and then woke Joel up for some strong anti-histamines. They worked well enough, and I finally slept for 4 hours before class, which I slept through....... When I went to the CIE office to make an appointment at the hospital, my whole body had bruises from the sleep-scratching I did. I got some drugs from the doctor though and a shot, so now I feel much less itchy. I am a little sad though, since I lapsed back into sickness due to the sudden lack of sleep. I also had a VERY antisocial day today. I didn't want to talk to anyone or do anything. I did have lunch with Kazu though, and it was really good curry.

I also tried again in vain to install the drivers for my phone on my pc, but it won't have any of that. I can't believe it doesnt work. This lack of working also contributed to my antisocial mood. I really don' want to bug a Japanese girl to get my photos, but I think I have to. That's it for now. I took a kanji test today without studying, due to the fact I was in Honshuu all weekend, but I think I still got a high mark. I have noticed a pattern though. There's always one question I can't answer... I said it was a pattern... not a good pattern. PEACE IM OUT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home