Saturday, September 23, 2006

Japan... LIVE

So, I got a fish from a girl in I-house and bought it some stuff, including a small tank and lots of entertainment inside. The only problem is, it died and now I have a really fancy home for a lot of nothing. Luckily Marc is getting rid of some fish so I am going to try to pick them up from them. School has proved to me that it can in fact become more boring than it already was. Japanese class is still fine, since we are learning stuff and you are always participating, but everyother class does nothing but suck balls. Japanese phychology has yet to present material that prevents me from slumbering, and don't get me started on the others. Luckily, Intercultural communications class is better. We have two Japanese teachers this year that are fluent in English and they are very entertaining. I have yet to go to Japanese Sports class and Traditional cultures though..... maybe I should.

I got into contact with the judo club and I am going to go to the first meeting on Monday, which I am really looking forward to! I also got into contact with the Light music club. It was kind of funny the way it happened. I was sitting in the university common room during our break between classes on Friday and we saw 3 guys sitting at a table playing with drum sticks. It was the first day of classes for the japanese students so there were like, a billion of them around school. I ended up walking over after Jordan forced me to. They were really nice and one of them spoke pretty good English. I have been using Japanese pretty often here, but I'm not comfortable enough to switch completely over yet. Anyway, I found out they were in the Light music club, which will now be referred to as the LMC. I had to go back to class, so I got the one guys email. He ended up calling me later that day and invited me to go see his friend perform at a live house in Nishijin. I had other plans for the night, but I ended up cancelling them at the last minute. Jordan wanted me to go to his ex-girlfriends birthday, but Siggi ended up backing out at the end, so I knew the party would suck. It would have ended with me taking care of all the really drunk people and I hate that!!!! Anyway, Siggi and I went to Ohori koen after class and on the way home we decided not to go to the party, so I called Nozomu, who was the English speaking guy. It was around 7:00 and the show was starting at 8 and it turns out that he was pre-drinking at an Izakaya before the show. He was trying to give me directions to the place, but he kept using the Japanese names and I had to go back to I-house to procure the use of a Japanese student. I ended up knowing where the Izakaya was afterall, since it was right near a store I grocery shop at, Daiei. I ended up having one beer with them there and then we went to the live event. His friends band was really great. They had a 70's Japanese rock sound to them and the lead singer was really talented on the guitar and vocals. I also stayed for a second band which was some sort of Japanese/cuban/latin/rock band which was really entertaining. I have cellphone pics, which I will upload later, as soon as I get a Japanese person to let me use their Japanese pc.....

After the show, I went upstairs to the live house and met Nozomu who was recording some stuff with his punk band. We rented a studio for 500 yen and I got to play the drums for an hour. I had so much fun and it only cost me $15.

Today, I slept in until 12:45, had pancakes and then went to the beach. We were supposed to talk with the students from Seinan about the HUGE festival in November. We ended up just sitting around, and I went swimming for a while. After a while, we went to a less windy place, since it was REALLY windy and had some snacks and talked. This got boring, so Calen, James, Jon and I went to Toys R Us. It was really cool and I bought a really cheap, but really lame action figure. Its SUPER POSABLE. Then we ate at McDonalds, and I ate 100 yen cheese burgers. Now I am sitting and typing this..... OOOOOO. its an OPTICAL ILLUSION!!!!

Pictures soon, I swear

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it the place across from Topos? what was that place called again... i think it was the one that Kento and his band played at.

9:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i also heard from ryan that you made the japanese girls cry with your "swimming"!! I guess he thinks you're pretty funny, hahahahaha

9:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home