Saturday, October 07, 2006

I'm a bricklayer, not a Doctor, Jim

So I am still sick, but I hope not to be sick soon. I went to a Tuberculosis clinic and got an x-ray and some really good antibiotics, apparently. I have made this assumption upon the basis that since the pills are $5 each and there are only 6 of them, they must me really good. I am almost done taking the medication for my food allergy as well. I hope mixing the two doesn't make me more dead than usual.

The gang and I went to Round 1 last night in Tenjin. I don't know if you've ever heard of it Meaghan, or if you went but basically, you pay $5 to get a member card, then $11 everytime you go, and you can play all night long, starting at 11pm. They have an arcade, batting cages, soccer, manga libraries, showers, karaoke (With The Pillows and Sparta Locals songs). There's also massage chairs!!! We didn't end up staying all night. Siggi and I walked home at around 4am, and everyone else waited until 6 for the trains to start running again. The evening actually started with curry at an indian place near I-house. I may have mentioned it before, but we met some rugby players at a nightclub about 3 weeks ago, and we occasionally hang out with one of them. His name is Mark Ransby and he is probably the most famous person I know.
He's the guy on the left.... He's currently centre on the Coca-cola corporate rugby team in Fukuoka, but he used to play for All Blacks, which is a huge team in New Zealand. If you have satellite, you can even watch him play Rugby. He's also really great at karaoke, LOL. Anyway, We ended up going to Round 1 because some others from I-house were going and we needed something to do. We sang karaoke for about 1.5 hours, then went and played arcade games. I went up to the batting cages after that, but the 2 right hand cages were dead, so I had to bat lefty. This was probably one of the most embarassing things ever. I ended up hitting some balls though. Then I played more arcade and had an overcooked microwaved cheese burger. super fun start to the weekend, and the walk home was really peaceful. Today, I went and watched the Kendo club practice. One of the guys from the CIE office is a coach and we always go out with him to drink and stuff. He's really cool. I'll put up the video as soon as I get it off my phone. Which I'm actually going to do right now dammit. No more procrastination. Here's another picture of my fish. Oh and a picture of a Strongbad cartoon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guys loved the round one! I never went, but I heard it was pretty great. I was never able to do the all nighter that was required for it!

1:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home