Sunday, November 05, 2006

Aww MA!

I think my mom commented on my blog but I'm not sure, since the name is anonymous. It does seem like the kind of message she would leave though. Anyway, in response I would just like to point out that even if someone saw me using the handgun(which couldn't happen since I only use it indoors, the chance of them thinking its real is slim to none. No one in Japan owns real guns, except the police.... well, the police and the mafia. Plus, I can count at lest 3 separate incidents where a group of teenagers ran by me ON THE STREET carrying air gun pistols and machine guns, heading to the beach to shoot at each other.

Anyway, the real purpose of this post was to talk about my busy busy weekend. Basically, the end of this last week and weekend were really relaxing and great. To start it off, on Thursday I went drinking with Professor Olson and his other Japanese class at a Jamaican bar in town. The owner is a really nice guy who can cook really great Jamaican food. His cooking actually made me homesick, since the spices reminded me of my moms cooking a lot.

That was a really great night of just relaxing and drinking. I basically drank a bunch of shitty cocktails, until I found Kahlua and milk. Its the girliest one there, but it goes down so easily and I can't even taste alcohol.

Now you may think, 'Hey marc, you were drinking on a school night?' And to that I would reply. "Hells no, I'm in Japan, where every other weekend is a long weekend for some silly inane reason!" I don't know why all countries don't apply the 2 long weekends a month rule. It's nice. I really relaxed the hell out of Friday in case you were wondering. Then Friday night rolled around and Calen, James and I went to Tenjin, met with Lee and John and went to Mcdonalds for dinner. I know I'm in Japan and shouldn't go, but shut the hell up. It's cheap and I'm poor. I ended up making a cheeseburger sandwich, and for those in the audience with sick and twisted minds like mine, you can already picture this monstrosity in your minds without my explaination. Basically you have to order 3 of the 100 yen cheeseburgers, then place one of said burgers between two others. It's also nice.
Round 1 was amazing. We left Lee and John, since John was sick and didn't want to pull an all nighter. We did the usual awsomeness, arcade, sports, guns, billiards and then Miyako met us there. We did karaoke with her and then spent a lot of time trying to find available massage chairs. At around 6am, Calen and James left leaving me to wait with Miyako until she could return home under the cover of sunlight. We ended up getting a private room with a couch and promply fell asleep until around 10am. Then it was up to me to make my way home alone.

Saturday is a blur. I basically spent it sleeping the hell in and hanging out with people in Ihouse. and today is Sunday. I went shopping with Miyako for groceries, and we watched a movie, and after she went to work, I sat around/made several trips to Hardoff for music equipment. I ended up picking up a pedal for my $10 drum machine I recently bought, so now I can actually drum without having to hit the bass kick with one of my sticks. It's a little touchy, but Im going to jury rig something outa it. Today was also the first active practice of I-house Counterstrike. Basically, we used the first two floors as our battle ground and made teams. Terrorists had to try to shoot Airforce One(played by Hansen wearing a winter coat) and counter-terrorists had to shoot them before Hansen got shot. It was a lot of fun, and I ended up getting shot in the legs a bit. Later, I was ambused in my room and had to defend myself against 3 fully automatic airguns.

Yeah, that is my weekend, and I KNOW you are jealous. Now all I need to do is get some study habits and study for the japanese midterm coming up..... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home