Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Internet, work, money

My internet disappeared the other day. It was supposed to be cancelled on the 7th, and a new internet connection was supposed to be connected from Cogeco, but they cancelled on the 3rd. This left me in an awkward situation as I actually got home from work with important emails to send. Then we found out that Cogeco had actually never attached a trap outside our house, so the cable internet connection that we had cancelled more than 2 years ago was still working. This means we had been paying for internet from Sympatico which we could have gotten for free. This has happened twice now. Once with cable TV.

I only have 13 days of work left and I am really excited to get back to school... since it means that I will get to sleep in more! Isn't it bad when you want school only so you get to sleep in?

It also turns out that saving money this summer did not work out as well as planned. I will end up being about $1000 short of my goal. I hope to remedy this by working in Japan though. I figure I can try to get Tuesdays free, since my sister says that I can work at a school. I can also realistically budget money I make in Japan, since I will be able to see how much I am making and how much things cost. I hope to use money I make working to pay for food and trips.

Since I am going away for a while, I am having a BBQ which I hope some friends from school will come to.

Oh, and I saw Miami Vice the other week, and I was really dissapointed. It was really slow through most of the movie, which I assume was meant to build charaacter and story, butI ended up thinking by the end of the movie "what the hell was accomplished in the movie? the world is no better a place due to the events in the movie." There were really only two action scenes,which was not nearly enough. I am going to see Talladega Nights tonight, so hopefully, I will finally have a good movie viewing under my belt by the end of the summer. That's all, since this post is getting to be too long. bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home