Monday, March 27, 2006

Going for a record

I am going to write a post on this blog, as opposed to my other one. This post will not be in anyway related to my Japan trip. To be honest, I just plain like the way this blog looks.

The record I am going to try to set is Most Boring Post.

So I noticed recently that my oral hygeine habits have gotten pretty lax. I used to brush 3 times a day, and floss before bed. Now, I usually only brush 2 times a day, and only floss about once a week. Sorry teeth and gums. I've been a real jerk, but I swear to you. I will start being a better brusher/flosser.

So did I win? Anyway. I just finished watching the movie Jarhead. I hate television so I have decided to watch more movies. I really liked Jarhead mostly because I am a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal. October Sky is one of my favourite movies, and I think this one was nearly as good, however it did cause me to think, nay, to ponder. Nowadays, we hear swearing in movies and it doesn't even phase us. I was watching the movie and realized how often the characters were using colourful language. I remember a time when it would be riskee to say the word "shit" in a movie. And that was only in the 90's. I don't really think it is a serious issue, it just got me thinking about how much the English language in pop culture has changed in such a short period of time. I don't speak any other languages fluently enough to watch foreign movies from the last 2 decades, so I don't know how far reaching this phenomenon is. If you are reading this blog and watch a lot of movies in another language, leave a comment of your observations. Has this change occured in languages other than English?

There. Not only did I talk about my teeth and gums, but I threw in some socio-linguistics. If I haven't won that Bost Boring Post by now, I should at least have some nominations.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mission accomplished

3:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home