Tuesday, February 28, 2006

5/8 term exam


Ok, so I just completed my Japanese mid-term exam this morning. It was my last exam, and about 2 weeks after all my others. It was really easy, and I had plenty of time to go over it twice to find 2 or 3 mistakes I had made. At the end, I asked our T.A., Mai if I had a kanji right. It was not for any marks, but I was trying to put as much kanji throughout the exam as possible. So I asked her if the kanji I had drawn for to swim (泳)was right. I had written 洗、which is the kanji for to wash. Heh heh, close enough right? They are both water related. Anyway, she tells me that I was wrong, and I was happy to just leave it at that, but then she starts reading all my answers. I let her and after about 10 seconds she says "that one is wrong, try to fix it". Now remember, that this is an official university exam, and the T.A. is telling me that my answers are wrong so that I can fix it. I yelled at her and sent her to the front of the room. I ended up keeping my original answer because I have rather strict principles when it comes to cheating. But man, that's crazy huh. I still did really well. I am really lucky to be taking Japanese, because as it stands, it is bringing my average up quite a bit. I just got back my historical linguistics exam back. I only got 64% which is not good, since I need 70% in the class. I'm still waiting to hear how I did during my exchange interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home