Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Days past

This morning, I was having a Kung-fu-esque flashback to the beginning of the school year. A classmate of my sister was writing in his blog about being lost in his Japanese classes in Japan. He came over during the second semester, therefore putting him a semester behind everyone else who had already spent 5 months immersed in Japan. It made me think of my first few weeks of 2nd year Japanese. A time when I realized that I knew significantly less than my Mcmaster breathren when it came to Japanese. It caused me great dispair for many weeks. The funniest thing about it was that at the time, I was worried I would not be able to catch up to my classmates. I really could not have been more wrong. I now sit comfortably at the top of the class, towering above those who used to wield a sharper, more buxom linguistic blade. They now cower in fear at my mastery over kanji and my near perfect gaijin accented Japanese. Yes, I have become a king amongst whiney, dissentful peasants. My secret. I really love Japanese. If it were a person, and not a language... I would make sweet, passionate love to it and spawn some really ugly babies. I can't wait to go to Japan.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still own you in Japanese.


Probably not actually.

1:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home