Friday, March 10, 2006

When will it end

It would seem that the universe opposes all who wish to exchange to Japan this year. I got my application on monday, and promptly began to fill it out. On tuesday, Joel told me that we had until next wednesday to hand them in. For me, that meant 9 days. Now there are three main requirements for the exchange. We need to have a passport, a bunch of photos taken, and get a physical. Now I don't know how it works in Japan, but booking a phyical takes a heck of a lot more time than 9 days. Even if you are lucky enough to get an appoinment for one within the first few days, you still have to wait for all your blood and urine tests. This can take longer than a week. This means that I may not get my results in time for the deadline. I have booked an appointment for Monday, which will leave me exactly 2 days to get my blood and urine results. OH BOY. Anyway. I think it will be ok. Even if I miss the deadline, they can damn well UPS my application. It is their fault afterall, since they gave us such little time to do everything. I feel bad for Joel and Calen, because they don't have their passports. Both of theirs expired and now they have to wait to get theirs. It's really crazy how the International office just sprung all these insane requirements on us. They didn't even warn us before hand. I mean, it's not like they didn't know that we needed this stuff. I knew my sister did it last year, but I don't think she was rushed like this. Worse case scenario, I have to beg them to express courier my package after I get all the stuff done. Japan doesn't care when we send the applications, just as long as they get them by April.

As of now, I have very little to do, aside from studying for weekly Japanese tests, and the occasional linguistics assignment. I am going to go get my photos taken tomorrow. I wish I had gotten them while my hair was still short though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home