Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The sea-ice is here, the sea-ice is here!

I have been pretty hard on the sea-ice this year. All I heard about Monbetsu was how much sea-ice we get during the winter and then I get here and its friggin February and there is still nothing! But all that changed yesterday, because we now officially have sea-ice in the harbour. It quite literally appeared overnight, which seems to be some sort of February miracle. I say this because our Sea-ice Festival starts tomorrow. It must have been some wierd act of a god to cut it this close. I guess all those virgins and babies we burned in ritual sacrifice are finally starting to pay off. I`m sure there will be pictures to follow soon :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Furious said...

At least they do something productive with the babies and virgins. Here in Kyushu, on the first day of autumn they sacrifice a half dozen kidnapped 17th century Korean potters to the dark god "Yebisu" in exchange for a good harvest.

7:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home