Sunday, February 01, 2009

Hmmm, I have some pictures and some updates I need to post and seeing as it has been an entire century(in eunuch years) since my last blog I will break it into two parts. The first will be some things from before the Winter break, and the second will be any pictures and comments from during the break. Spoiler: Darth Vader built C-3PO.
To start off, I purchased a new pair of glasses while in Sapporo during one of our many business related meeting dates. I liked my old pair but at $50 a pop and a 30 minute waiting period, I had to hit that. It was a good thing I did because Steven bought a berry similar pair to the spectacles I was sporting. What resulted was an epic battle of myopic might, ferocious far-sighted fury, and a suprisingly squinty struggle. In the end my bitterness was but a mere shadow to the happiness and coolness the new peepers.
Two days before Winter break, my Board of Ed. held some sort of New Year party. I had skipped the last one, so I went to this one(in hindsight, not a good idea). Firstly, it was the most expensive party I have attended with a $60 fee. This was because it was held at a fancy hotel in town. Now let me begin by saying that I thought this was a fun, work get-together type of party, so I was excited to get to relax and just eat and drink with my coworkers. What it turned out to be was a dinner with 30 people I didn`t know from high in the BOE hierarchy and most of the supervisors/high-up staff at my BOE. Basically all the people I feel uncomfortable around. The worst part was, I was told the clothes I was wearing that day were ok to wear(jeans and a collared shirt). When I got home I changed anyway and came wearing business casual and a nice blazer. This was the best decision EVER(because japanese people will lie to you ANY chance they get, but seriously, I jest) Everyone was really formal and wearing full-on suits and ties. I spent the night inwardly cursing my supervisor for giving my hillbilly ensemble the A-OK. Long story medium-short, the food was fancy and in small amounts(NOT COOL for the all you can eat fare) and the beer was refilled not nearly fast enough by the servers. On the upside there was a crab pool in the lobby.... REDEMPTION GET!!!!
Oh and on a side not, the evening wasn`t a total loss. I got to practice Japanese, which led to a manager making it his personal quest to get a water filter for my shower. NO MORE RUSTY SHOWERS!!!! coming soon! Plus we played bingo and I won $50 in gift cards, on top of $10 the afore-mentioned manager gave me from his win. I could have used them at any store, but I bought a butt-load of groceries instead. I bought more than I could carry and it only cost me 700 yen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris WJ Charlton said...

Oh my god worst nomikai ever

10:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home