Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blizzards and danger around every corner

So it took me the better part of an afternoon and 3 different low quality movie editing programs, but I finally put together the videos from the Sea-ice festival which was held in my city, Monbetsu last weekend. It was a lot of fun while it lasted. There were lots of different food stalls set up, which is my favourite part of any festival and there were tons and tons of amazing ice sculptures. There was a huge snow maze which was built by the army and had 13 foot walls. We got lost in it for the better part of 15 minutes the other day. I am pretty sure there was only one entrance though, which in my opinion defeats the purpose. But for all I know there could have been someone waiting at the real goal with a big sack of money. We ended up just retracing out steps to get out. My friend Shunta and his dad are part of the snowmobile club so we got some free snowmobile rides! It was one of the scariest things I have ever done. Let me tell you that the difference between 120km/h on a motorcycle and 120km/h on a snowmobile is enormous. Anyway. I will let the video speak for itself. Its me and Steve on the tube and banana boat and then a quick tour of the festival. If it looks empty its because we were hit with two, 15 minute blizzards right before and everyone had run for their lives.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of those shots remind me of my time in Nunavut. -Kozo

8:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home